So what do you think? Should we just leave the floors and have 'real wood floors' for a while? Minus the tiny nails lining the edges... those will keep anyone from messing up the painting job on the walls!
See those shiny doorways and trim? I repainted those too! We don't have any doors on anywhere, but it keeps things more open, right? Just don't come up to a bathroom too quickly without announcing your presence.
This was after Dustin placed the hardiboard- he did a great job with this. Tons of hard work here. Don't worry, we don't just squat over the hole here- we do have one more bathroom in the house with an attached toilet.... but that door is off too. I do like our new seat in the tub now though. Now I can shower sitting down.

On to tiling!!! it actually matches our downstairs tile extremely well. We didn't even plan it that way. We are just naturally THAT good.

Dustin is now working on laying and cutting the edges in our bathroom. It's looking great! This is Dustin's first tiling job! He got some help from my dad the first day of laying out everything (was a very good thing we had an experienced eye!), but he has been the one to lay everything. He has done a spectacular job!
We are so close to finishing we can almost taste it! One more quote for carpet and we will make our decision and have it put in soon. I have the laundry room to paint now and all the doors and I will be done painting! I'm more excited about that than anything. My wrists hurt so bad they were actually waking me up last night. Wrist brace anyone?


3 comments:
Sooooooo nice!!!!! Way to go, you guys!!!!!!!! And, yes, I do think you should leave the toilet in the tub and just squat over the hole.
looking good :) I'm still amazed that you guys (aka Dustin) is doing all this work yourself, it's IMPRESSIVE!! I do have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE hard wood floors & you'd be crazy to spend money & cover that up! I vote for sanding, glossing & "au naturale" :)
So awesome Janelle! You guys are getting this work done fast! Come do my house next...lol ;)
Post a Comment