First off, I have to say that my parents have been serious die-hards in helping us finish the big projects at our new house. Dad brought over his huge compressor and paint gun and sprayed all the doors with a nice fresh coat of white- they are no longer an old white that turned yellow. Ew. He did an amazing job!! In the meantime my mom helped keep me sane by helping with paint touch-ups and lining some cupboards with me. It has been so nice having my family around so much to help. They've done so great, we won't ever be able to repay them.
Our beautiful doors on day one of their facials- the next morning Dad had a better layout with all the doors and sprayed the other sides. He's definitely pro status in my books.
Dustin prepped both bathrooms for grout and cleaned out all the cracks of the underside glue stuff... can you tell I didn't have much part in laying the tile?

Here's awesome Dad showing Dustin the techniques and tricks of putting grout in. We eventually just gave him that job. He was doing pretty good at it.

Mom, Dustin and I went behind Dad and washed up the floors and smoothed out the grout. Here's the guest bathroom.... pretty huh?!

And our bathroom! They still have a bit of a film on them from the grout, but that will just stay there until everything dries and we will wash it more thoroughly. I also have to go around the floorboards again and do paint touch-ups in both bathrooms.
It was so great to have Mom and Dad come over and help with this- we got it done in less than 2 hours! They both pretty much hauled Dustin and I kicking and screaming to our own house. Neither of us wanted to see or work on the house that evening. I had gone earlier in the day to line some cupboards and paint a little with Mom, and those few hours were enough for me! But we are so glad all the big stuff is done inside the house so we can now clean things and prepare for carpet next Tuesday! It feels like a huge weight is off our shoulders to have the painting and tiling done! Dustin especially- he was the tiling pro, doing all the measuring and cutting and laying all himself. He did a superb job at it! I wouldn't expect anything less from him with a job like this.
Next week- pictures of the carpet! yessss...


2 comments:
Looking good!
I didn't know you had a dog. She's cute. :)
It looks sooo good. That is so nice you have family close to help with the labor and the know how. I am excited to see more pictures. Love ya Janelle. I have less than four weeks left until I am due! Crazy huh? I am not exactly ready yet but getting there.
Post a Comment