Friday, May 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We're there!! We are finally homeowners and no longer have to go up to a third floor while breaking a sweat just to take groceries in, no longer have to listen to drunken high school graduates in the hallways, and no longer have to share a paper thin wall with a neighbor! We have much still to do to get moved in, such as buying a bookcase or two and a computer desk. Both were already provided in our apartment as built-ins. So for now I am trying to get as much put together downstairs as I can and then hide the rest in the two guest rooms upstairs!
Our carpet came the day before we moved in thankfully. We didn't have the best experience with this company even though they were on the top of the list for best companies in Kingwood. But it's all done now, and we love the carpet! It smells like a new house with new carpet smell and lingering bits of paint.
Dustin also is enjoying our location- it cuts his travel time to work to only 20 minutes! We also love that we are so close to practically 75% of our ward members! We have finally joined the in-crowd.
Well here's a few pictures, but don't judge too much yet because so much is still in boxes and piled up everywhere!

Here's our carpet, but it looks a little different in person. It is a medium beige undertone with flecks of maroon and green and brown in it.
Our bedroom
One view of our living room and our awesome couch.
front room/ dining room
another view of living area
into the small kitchen. We are planning on getting an island in that open area.
our bathroom...awesome tile, huh? You can pat Dustin on the back for that.
Guest bath
The guest rooms...full of junk we can't put away.

Beautiful hallway carpet!
Oh! who's this? It must be Dude, our newest family member....:) He's a Shih Tzu 7 week old. We couldn't turn him down and bought him from our friends Hollie and Matt. We liked the name they gave him so much we kept it. Oh, and did I mention he doesn't shed a single hair?!Ever!
So adorable sleeping- he doesn't like to sleep on the bed- just on the tile.
Finally Dustin has another boy around.
Dustin made a hole in our make-shift fence, but he made it a bit too low and we didn't think about the actual small size of Dude's head due to all his hair, and he could poke right out through it. We have since covered it up with tape, so it's a window now instead of a small door.
My parents also got one of the litter too, but they shaved his hair already because they think he gets hot. Now you can see how small they actually are!
Sophie already loves these puppies, and is learning how to play a little more gently. She lets them tackle her down which is super cute to watch.

I think some of you may be recalling that we gave our other dog, Phoebe away...so why would we buy another one? Well I'll tell you- we want to find a good dog! Who's smart!! Sophie is on her last straw with us and we don't know what to do about her. But we were told that these Shih Tzu dogs are very smart and live to please their people. Already Dude has done great- he's gone to the door a few times when he needed out, whined in the night just to go 1 and 2 outside, and uses his wee wee pads in his 'room' area. So far he's scoring major points with us. We may let him stay :)

4 comments:

Silly Gille's said...

you will love your new addition. I have 4. I love them all~

Angela said...

Congrats neighbor! Yeah, I'm excited that you're so close! You're going to have to give Eliza a call, I'm pretty sure you two have the same kind of puppy. Although her potty training experience isn't going as nearly as smoothly as yours!

The Thompson Family said...

Yeah I am soooo glad you guys are finally in your house. It looks amazing! You guys did such a good job. I also love love your new puppie. He is so cute I want to cuddle with him right now :-) Love you Janelle!!

Jen S said...

looks great! how exciting! Dude is the cutest thing ever. i love the pic with the shaved one and the fluffy one!! ;)