Dustin and I drove to Norman to spend the Labor Day weekend with my brothers Russell and Gabe and his family. We didn't break out the camera much, even for Gabe's birthday, but we had a blast! Jared cracked me up all the time, and I loved cuddling with Emma and Addison. I somehow didn't get a picture of little Jake, but I love him too! We ate out, spent Labor Day/Gabe's birthday on the lake and having a party with his friends, went running, went a little shopping, and went to Sonya's brother's baby blessing on Sunday in Tulsa. We love visiting family :)
Here I'm practicing my frosting skills with my star tip. I learned this the first night of my cake decorating class. We also learned how to make buttercream frosting, and many tips on frosting cakes and using which tools and when. I love it all already.
These cookies were some of my first... and kinda stunk, but Dustin seems to be thinking otherwise. He loves having all these baked goods around the house. I am thinking about throwing a lot of it out if I can't give it away! It's weird, but after I finish decorating a cupcake or a cake or cookies, I don't feel like eating any of it! I'm not a huge fan of eating buttercream frosting, but I guess I can get over that.
This is what I did today in my second class. Isn't it cute? I'm sure I'll get better, but I had a fun time learning today. This is actually a homemade chocolate cake with homemade frosting, cut in two and has a layer of strawberry preserves in the middle. I'm really excited that I am learning all these things, and I still have 2 more courses to sign up for after this one is done! I'm sure I won't have any problems getting to practice my new talent for others in the future.


4 comments:
Great job Janelle! Those cakes are super cute! :)
It sounds heavenly! If I were near you could decorate and bring it to my house. We'd dispose of it for you, everytime!
Look at you, frosting queen! Love it. :D
Uh uh! Hold your tip at a ninety degree angle when doing stars! Just teasing! Such a fun class, don't eat the nasty buttercream!
Post a Comment