Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cupcakes and Flowers

Tomorrow is my last day of my Decorating Basics course. Here's a few things I did in the past week. Remember- I am no pro at this yet!!

These cupcakes leave much to be desired. A few of my shaggy mum cupcakes fell over in the container on my way home from class... that's why the top pink ones are dented.... so when I got home I got out all my bags and tips again and practiced other techniques I learned on the rest of the cupcakes. My favorite is the blue caterpillar :)

Now these flowers are for my final project- due tomorrow. We are actually being taught how to do these tomorrow, but I couldn't wait that long and taught myself from our book. I think I did okay for my first attempt at roses. These will all be used in a big flower mound as a cake topper, and the daisies will be used along the bottom border.

I couldn't ever make these as good as the book, but I think they will do, if they don't break in the transfer attempt. I made all the flowers 2-4 days ago to allow time for hardening so I could move them easier.
My hands almost hurt worse after doing all these flowers than a full day cleaning teeth! I am not sure why I gravitate towards small, intricate work that kills my hands.

I will post pictures of stages of my final cake once it is all finished tomorrow! Next month I will be doing a Flowers and Cake Design course!

3 comments:

mandy harline said...

Way to go, sis!!! You really have a talent! I'm going to start calling you the cake lady.

Jessica said...

Look at those flowers! You've got some artsy talent girl. Look out Cake Boss!

The Thompson Family said...

I want a cake by the famous Janelle