Today is our 5 year anniversary!! So far being married has been wonderful, challenging, informative, a patience-worker,fun, lovely, exciting, and probably many more, but I'm going to just say how happy I am that I chose Dustin and he chose me. We couldn't be more opposite in many ways, but we couldn't imagine ever being with anyone else at the end of the day.
He is my best friend, and I knew it from the moment I first saw him at 17 that something was going to happen between us. Even through the two years he was gone on his mission at 19 years old, I could never get him out of my thoughts and always hoped and prayed that we would be together if it was right. As soon as he came home from his mission at 21, I visited 2 weeks later, and just 2 months later we were engaged, 3 months more, married. I guess you just know when it's the right time. This December will be our 10 year anniversary of our first date. Crazy!
This was after dinner the night before we got married. Dustin's family and some of mine all went to Pappadeaux seafood.
This would've been a great picture if my eyes weren't closed! We were about to walk into the temple to get married!! We are pretty pumped :)
The day ended up being a record high, and was scorching hot and humid. My slips under the dress were soaked with sweat and were stuck to my legs the whole morning..... But we were still on cloud 9.
Right after walking out the temple doors. All I wanted to do was hug Dustin. My mouth hurt from smiling so much that day!
I could only eat one, and a few bites of my second- they filled me up really quick. We had juice and some delicious blueberries we picked and strawberries along with.
For dinner I made- from scratch!- a pizza roll. It's kinda like a calzone, but you roll it instead of making a pocket. I made white bread dough and then filled it with tons of cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni and mushrooms. Then I put a garlic butter over the top. It was soooooo good!
For dessert I decided to put our blueberries to good use and made a cobbler. Mmmmmm. We had happy stomachs that night while we watched When In Rome.
Happy 5 year Anniversary Dustin! I love you :)


3 comments:
Congrats on 5 years! I had just met Kelli when he left to go to your wedding....Crazy how time flies!! You two are such a cute couple! Hope you have an awesome day!
Yeah Happy Anniversary. You two are so cute together. Those pancakes look delicious. What a wonderful Hubby you have. I can't believe it has been five years. I hope you celebrate all week long. Love you!
yay for you guys! i really like that pic of you guys walking into the temple - i hadn't seen that one. cute!
Post a Comment