Wednesday, August 12, 2009

On to Fish Lake, Utah!

On our way to Fish Lake!! It's not even really in a town, but you can find it on a map near the bottom of Utah.
Almost there!!!!
Look closer at the sign and it says' Nabors' !!! I was so excited, it took me a second to find my camera and turn it on. (For those of you who don't know, that was my maiden name...)
View from the cabin porch. We are actually at about 9600 ft in elevation.
Everything in the cabin was put together by the furniture and kitchen stuff that no one wanted anymore in their own homes, so we had silverware, cookware, a table and chairs, lots of mattresses.. pretty much you only had to bring bathroom supplies and food. I didn't take a picture of the one tiny bedroom and bathroom and the upstairs. One of the couches was a fold out bed, so there was enough space for us and his parents to sleep comfortably in our own spaces. They said growing up, there would be up to around 25 people in here sleeping... I guess they used the upstairs even though it's not built out yet.

Dustin's Grandpa Stubbs caught that marlin! I guess this was the only place grandma would let him put it up....
'huh, huh,w-we're there huh huh '
This cabin is shared by Dustin's extended family and I think a couple friends' families.
He was pretending to fall, but our friend, Beth, and Dustin both agreed he looks like he belongs in 'Thriller'.

We decided to go on a little walk after the long drive.
We heart aspens. We had to climb up and down a pretty steep hillside on our walk down to the lodge, and were huffin' and puffin' because of the elevation. We felt a bit out of shape with our hearts beating so hard!
This young buck was walking just a few yards from us on a curve in the road, so he didn't really see us, but Dustin spotted him. He went down into the brush, but we followed him, and he didn't care too much our paparazzi-ness.
The lodge is the building in the center- you can rent some of the cabins around it, but most of the cabins were up the mountainside.



He was laughing because his fish was really slippery and he had to put it between his legs to hold it and then he couldn't get his line secured to put the pole down.
We all caught rainbow trout, but not very many- very unlike Fish Lake to shower us with so much rain and not many fish.
Very cool to see deer again!!
Dustin's dad, Kirk
and his mom, Debbie
and of course it is raining...
Me and the one and only fish I caught. I did get quite a few bites though!!
I like this picture- it's very calm.
Just moving spots for more productive fishing...

We are pointing at our smiles, but Kirk didn't take the picture as close as I thought he did... so you can't really see...
and of course Dustin always wants a picture of him holding me up.

It got kinda chilly, so I had on my clothes, a shirt of Kirk's, and one of Debbie's jackets and hat.

Getting pyched to get in the car for another 4 hourse or so to go down to Mancos, Colorado to his parent's house....

2 comments:

mandy harline said...

FUN! So glad you guys got to go! I'm a little bit jealous, though, of your adventures :) I wanna see more pics!!....

The Thompson Family said...

Fun Fun Fun. I love the pictue of Dustin holding you. Why can't we live closer?