Here she is! Miss Phoebe! She has one brown eye and one blue eye, and is a miniature dapple (that's the black and grey swirl her coat has) dachshund. She should grow to be about Sophie's size. She is a whole lot more vocal than Sophie..... Her thick coat feels exactly like the thick, silky fur of a rabbit.
Sophie's like, 'Really mom, do I have to even share my bed with this thing?

We are trying to let Sophie know we didn't forget about her! She never gets to sit on the couch with us, but we made an exception that night. :)

She was a little nervous coming home, but Sophie seemed excited by how fast her tail was wagging!

We are trying to let Sophie know we didn't forget about her! She never gets to sit on the couch with us, but we made an exception that night. :)
She was a little nervous coming home, but Sophie seemed excited by how fast her tail was wagging!
Sophie was not sure what to think of Phoebe at this. She saw that her once claimed lap was now being shared.... She didn't like it as you can see. We had a good laugh at Sophie's close-up.

Phoebe prefers to just sprawl out, where Sophie was one to never go without the lap!


They have become pretty good friends- we are excited to see what Phoebe's personality will do to Sophie's. They romp around and Sophie paws at Phoebe and rolls her over, and they have just had a hoot in the last couple days. they don't mind sleeping close. Sophie gets away if she can.... but Phoebe is becoming her shadow.
Phoebe prefers to just sprawl out, where Sophie was one to never go without the lap!
They have become pretty good friends- we are excited to see what Phoebe's personality will do to Sophie's. They romp around and Sophie paws at Phoebe and rolls her over, and they have just had a hoot in the last couple days. they don't mind sleeping close. Sophie gets away if she can.... but Phoebe is becoming her shadow.
So, I have to say, I am not an impulse buyer. Really, I'm not. But I guess I found my match when it comes to this. I was looking on Kingwood Yard Sales, a local online garage sale, just looking at different things. Furniture, free stuff, and hey, what the heck, let's look at pets. I keep an eye out for weenie dogs, just because of Sophie, and what do you know, I found a couple, and one was even still a puppy. I called the woman, and she started talking to me as if we were long lost friends; telling me what she was wearing to her Christmas party that night, what her mom and her sister were telling her how great she looked in her black sequin dress.. oh, she went on and on. When we decided on a place to meet she told me to look for a blue Dodge, and on the back is says in big blue letters- Spoiled Redneck. I had to cover my mouth and try not to laugh in the phone when she said that. She was very nice though. She has a piebald dachshund (same markings as Sophie) that we may even use next summer so Sophie can have puppies!
I know, we seem to be turning into crazy dog people, but for now it's dogs. When babies come along, it'll be babies. We promise.


1 comment:
No fair now you have two dogs and we can't even have one. She is so cute. I think you made a good choice. I am glad they are getting along. I love you!
Post a Comment