Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July

Our first fourth of July with Garrett was pretty low key. We drove across the street to another neighborhood for a small parade... which Garrett liked for the most part!

 Chillin and waitin for the candy!
Our awesome MPV has a third row that can be flipped over for a tailgating seat. So awesome!

 Garrett loved sitting beside Daddy waiting for the festivities.


I love this, G thought it funny we were all getting close together.

 Oh he's just so cute I just want to keep him like this forever!!

Watching the parade start....

He just got over a sad pouty face from the loud fire engine horn. He really, really doesn't like loud sounds!

But we got some awesome candy out of it, so it's all happy time again. Kermit had to look through the stash, too.


Do I have to share with Daddy?.....

The nerds box shakes!! Woohoo!

Please can I have a peice? Pleeeease?

 He dropped a piece...

 Later that day after a fun burger and hot dog lunch with my family, we came home with a box of those popper bags, thanks to our Uncle Bruce! 

Garrett thought it so funny when we would throw down the little bags and then hear a pop!



We tried to stay up for fireworks, but Garrett really likes his early bedtime, so we just listened and watched from our windows. Our neighbors had enough to keep us up until 11pm.
I'm so thankful for the blessing of living in this wonderful United States of America and all the freedoms I have to enjoy every day. I'm also so grateful for the men and women who willingly fought and do now fight for my freedom. I'm lucky to have a few of those men in my own family!

No comments: