Oh goodness does time need to slow down!! I can't have my little baby turning one!! That means I will have to turn 29! I guess I could just skip my birthday this year and have Garrett have all the fun! He is growing longer and getting heavier every day. He better plateau here soon...or start walking!
Our first day of photos he was a little sad after just a few, so we took them the next day too.
and decided to show off his spiked hair so his true length could show!
Such a happy boy today. I was teasing him with his caterpillar.
His spikes never last very long because of the length and wispiness of his hair, and humidity!
Love me some baby toes
I know he just wants to get up and go so bad!! We are working on special exercises to get his body a little stronger in his core, and to help him feel more comfortable rolling over. I think he's forgotten a little and grown a bit uneasy with moving around too much, so we are practicing reaching across to opposite sides, crossing one arm over the other to reach for toys or snacks. This is helping with his core strength and ease of movement with his large body. We are also practicing rolling over more, and he is catching on again quickly to that thank goodness. He has started doing it on his own in his crib, but that just makes him mad, but he is learning to deal with it after crying a few minutes on his own. We are helping him stand on his own next to the couch, which he will do for about a minute now, but he doesn't like it very much. He does not pull himself up to anything yet, but that's okay! He will get there soon. We know he has the capabilities, but I think he has found comfort in his stable positions and he doesn't like to stray from them. I think he will one day see what he can do and will go for it. Until then, lots of tummy time and practicing our moving exercises!
We are so blessed to have a healthy baby with a perfect and healthy body. I am so grateful for such a blessing. It will be so fun to add more children and have them all be buddies someday.
We love you to the moon and back Garrett!


No comments:
Post a Comment