Monday, November 14, 2011

4 months old


Ah yes, another month has passed. Goodness sakes, I never thought time could fly so quickly with just one little baby in the house! I can only imagine how it'll be with more than one. Our sweet Garrett is 4 months old now and is bigger I think than many other 4 monthers out there! We go to the doctor this week for another round of immunizations and measurements. We were both brave with the last set of shots, but I'm not sure if we will be so bold with this coming round. Fingers crossed! He has a stuffy nose right now so I'm not sure if that will make any difference on if he gets his shots or not. Poor baby, I would gladly take them for him if that meant he got them from my milk or something like that!







Dustin weighed Garrett on our scale last week and it came to a whopping 18 pounds!! I wonder what it'll be on the doctor's scale. I'm sure he will be in the upper 90's percentile again.
Here's what you can do now, my sweet baby boy:
You roll over in your sleep from stomach to back then you wake yourself up and can't go back to sleep....; you are grabbing toys very well now and bringing them to your little mouth, although you aren't sure about the taste of them as you wrinkle your nose up often!...; you talk ALL the time, especially when tired (that's your first sign to us that you are ready for bed)...; your feet are ticklish, and we think your little armpits are too!...; you still love your bath...;you sometimes start talking while mommy sings to you during your bath, perhaps you are singing along?...;the second we set you down in your bath chair you start kicking your legs in the water and you won't stop until we take you out...; you giggled for the first time, and daddy was the culprit!...;you have many new facial expressions when you get fussy/frustrated/tired. Our favorite is your pursing lips and furrowed brow look...You can hold the binky in your mouth a whole lot better now without spitting it out every 2 sucks (ah, serenity);...you find yourself with your head in the corner of your crib numerous times at night and wail at mom and dad until we come move you back down again.....and then you do it again a couple hours later. We think you must have active night sleeps because you don't move around hardly at all during your daytime naps.

You bring more happiness to our lives than we could have ever imagined, sweet Garrett. We love seeing you grow, discover your world, and especially we love seeing your smiles every day. Nothing beats the sounds of your smiles and laughs! We are so thankful for every minute of the day with you and that our Heavenly Father sent you to us.

1 comment:

The Thompson Family said...

He is such a cutie. Wish I could see him. Bailey only weighs 19 lbs so he must be a real good eater :-) Miss and love you guys.