We went to the Gruene Apple Bed and Breakfast for our babymoon a few weeks ago. It's located right outside of New Braunfels. It was soo amazing and we highly recommend everyone go there! It was worth every penny! Their breakfasts are legendary with everything made from scratch the night before and morning of. They also had amazing fruit! I can't get enough fruit! We even bought their cookbook to try to bring the goodness home!
30 weeks 3 days
This is our room, called 'The Big Apple'. It is one of their biggest rooms with a king size bed and an awesome bathroom, which I forgot to take pictures of. Each room here is a different theme, which makes the experience of it all so fun. You also have your own little fridge and tv with cable.
We even had our own balcony from which we could sit out on wicker chairs and could see the Guadalupe river rushing past.
We were only there for the weekend, so we had Friday night and all Saturday to do what we wanted, with a trip home on Sunday. So Saturday we decided after forgoing floating down the river with lots of drunk high school and college graduates to go see a cave. I've been one other time and I loved it, but Dustin had never been in one before. This was incredible! These shots are right at the entrance and walking in.
I won't talk about all of these, because I forget what everything is called, and really the pictures don't do the beauty of it all justice.
These are all very tiny little projections from the ceiling, so small you could snap them right off. All formed from water dripping downward. These were some of our favorite things to spot.
There was a sign in the entrance of the cave that said it was a felony and you would be put in jail if you touched anything in the cave. Anything that was touched would turn black over time.
This picture on the right looked all wet and slimy, and it made me wanted to touch it so bad! But I didn't....
These were monstrosities! Some of many really. They went from floor to ceiling; some a few stories high.
Near the end of the tour, which lasted about 90 minutes, you had to walk up a very steep and slippery pathway. Thank goodness for railing!! Looking down in this huge room was spectacular to see everything lit up. These formations all take hundreds of years to even grow a few inches- can you imagine when this cave started forming all of these stalactites and stalagmites? It made Dustin and I really think about the Creation and what a miracle nature itself is and how amazing that so many things form all by themselves from almost nothing but water.
After our cave diving we met up with Dustin's parents who happened to be going home from Dallas to Snyder, so they detoured and we had a lunch at Cici's. Shopping at the little shops within walking distance from our B&B was on our agenda next. I got some necklaces and earrings and we checked out an antique shop. I've never been in one, and this one just seemed to be full of really old stuff that you would find in your grandparent's house. Nothing really jumped out at either of us. So we went back to our room and took a really long nap and watched movies until 1 or 2 in the morning. Such is the life and energy level of a 30 week pregnant lady I guess.
The weekend was short, but it was so great to have a little vacation in such a fun place! We are definitely going back for anniversaries and future babymoons! Now we are ready for our little boy to come and join in our fun together.


1 comment:
Yeah, I am so glad you got to go on a babymoon. What an awesome place. We will have to go sometime and the caves look amazing.
Post a Comment