Last Saturday I ran the 10 miler race in The Woodlands with my great friend Whitney. It was absolutely the funnest thing I've done in a long time!! I'm so glad I went, and that I had an awesome running partner that I got to train with and run with the whole race! My parents and Kyle and Keisha came and surprised me at the curve right before the finish line and cheered me through! I was so excited to see them, I think that's why I look a little goofy in the finish line pictures. I was so insanely excited that I finished in a great time (1:25:21 and I think like 114 out of 2000 in the race), that the race was done, that I felt great, and that I just saw my family. I'm still on a bit of a high from it all and am looking forward to the next race. Dustin signed us up for the Houston Monster Mash 5K and 10K. We'll do the 10K! After that, perhaps the half marathon in Galveston next month...
Keisha took some pictures of Whitney and I with my mom's phone, so as soon as we figure out if we can get those onto a computer, they will be here!
Home after it all
Goofy finish line. I felt like a sunburst was about to go through my chest. I really couldn't help this silly laughing and excitement that came over me...
Who's up for a race?!


3 comments:
awesome pace janelle! ahh so fun.
Way to go Janelle. You have always been an awesome runner. I love your finish line picture! It is not goofy at all. You look so happy. Love you and miss you!
Great job Janelle! You are awesome!! :)
Post a Comment