Wednesday, April 7, 2010

As much as I don't want to do this, I don't want to repeat myself to everyone if it can be avoided. When I went to my appointment with my OBGYN on Monday, the ultrasound showed our baby had stopped living about 3 weeks ago. My doctor didn't know why, but things just happen sometimes especially if the baby isn't developing properly. My body wasn't letting it go, so I had to have a surgery ( a D & C) the next day to remove it and clean everything out. We are awfully sad about this, but the doctor said that having this happen twice in a row isn't likely, and that it was a good sign that my body can at least get pregnant and hold on to a baby so well. He told us that we can start trying with Clomid again in a couple months after everything has had a chance to heal. I am thankful that Dustin and both my parents were with me during my stay; it made the time pass a little easier. I know that we will be able to have children in this life and that alone gives me comfort.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa and Justin said...

I am so sorry. I love you and will be praying for you guys!

Elaine Pettit said...

Ohhhh Janelle....I am deeply sorry for your loss.....I don't know how it feels to miscarried but I do know how if feels when it comes to infertility problems. We have tried for almost 7 years before we got pregnant with Malia...I know this won't erase the pain....but please feel free to give me a call if you need to just hang out or talk...I do have a very good Infertility doc....if you need a second opinion...we'll keep your family in our prayers...take care Elaine

mandy harline said...

Just know that the Lord is watching over you and Dustin. Love you!!!

Beth said...

Don't be discouraged, Janelle. I know things seem difficult and sometimes we don't have the answers as to why these things happen, but when the time is right and when your body is ready a beautiful little person will bless your life.
I'm sure this will be of little consolation but my older sister, Christy had many miscarraiges. 2 D & C's and a still born and she just had a healthy baby girl at the age of 45.
You're body and mind are strong and you have support across the nation. If you ever want to talk. I'm just a few states away...

Bronwyn said...

Love you Janelle. Let me know if you need anything...

Tara said...

I'm so sorry, Janelle. We understand how hard it is to deal with fertility problems and how devastatingly disappointing it can be. But your convictions will carry you through. Just remember how much our Heavenly Father truly loves you! And so do many other people around you. We will be praying for y'all!

The Thompson Family said...

Janelle, I am soo soo sorry. Let me know if there is anything I can do at all. Really. We will be praying for you. I know you will be blessed with a beautiful child. The Lord is always there watching over you. I know that with all my heart. Give me a call at anytime if you need to talk. I wished I lived closer. Remember we are never given a trial we can't handle and it makes us better and stronger children of God. There is always a reason. I love you Janelle!

Silly Gille's said...

Janelle and Dustin,
Matt and I have yall in our prayers. We are so sorry to hear about the loss. For some reason Heavenly Father knows what is supose to happen even though we wish it was different. We need to do a double date I will call you.

TheoMama said...

Janelle, I'm so sorry. I love you and am here if you need anything. Call me anytime.-Beth T.

Larissa said...

Janelle and Dustin, I'm so sorry that you are going through this heartache. Know that all of us love you and so does the Lord and His Son. You are in my prayers.

Kirsten said...

Dearest Janelle & Dustin,
I'm so sorry for this loss, and the heartache you feel.... I admit I worried a little when I noticed the baby countdown was gone from your blog, and then I read why. I will keep you both in my prayers & I hope that you will remember to let this tragedy make you stronger in your faith in God & his plan for you and your future family, hold onto your faith & eachother with all your heart! all my love

Laura said...

I am so sorry, Janelle. The pain of miscarriage is a hard cross to carry. *hugs*

Sarah Eve said...

HUGS

Hippie Mommy said...

I am so sorry, Janelle. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. ~Ceri