I called my OBGYN's office that following Monday and they scheduled an appointment for two weeks later- today March the 9th. I have to say I was so excited for this appointment that it felt like Christmas Day this morning! All day long I prayed that we would at least be able to see a heartbeat flutter since my estimation only put me at 5 weeks. Dustin met me at the office and as we were waiting, I started sweating a little bit and getting nervous and excited all at the same time. A few of the girls came in from their lunch break and gave me a high five because they were so happy to see me come in for pregnancy this time instead of more blood tests and Clomid checkups. I absolutely love my doctor and his whole staff! Everyone was hugging me and telling me congrats before I even went in to my little room!
Anyways, so Dustin and I were waiting, giving our medical backgrounds again for the nurse, and nervously joking around. We were brought into the ultrasound room to do all the work I needed and the ultrasounds all at once. My OBGYN was the one doing all the work, since he has been working with me for over a year in trying to get pregnant. He started the ultrasounds, and after measuring and looking a few ways I told him I thought I was only about 5 weeks along based on when I took my round of Clomid....He told me there was no way it was only 5 weeks! He measured at 8 weeks 2 days!!! Dustin and I were completely surprised!! We had no idea I was that far along! That means we were actually already pregnant when I took this second round of Clomid! (which is just fine, the dr said so..) I even had a negative pregnancy test before I started! Well, he then turned on the Doppler and a heartbeat came on very clear and strong- I asked, 'Is that my heartbeat?' Dustin and my Dr laughed and said 'No! That's the baby's heartbeat!' I was so nervous, I thought it was MY heart that he said was so strong! I was told right afterwards it was 158 beats a minute! I loved seeing the little flutter of a heart on the screen. It made me tear up and feel so calm and happy inside that everything was okay.
We are both just so thrilled and we are looking forward to my next appointment in 4 weeks! But we are looking forward to October 17, 2010 even more!!
Our little lovebug
This one has the measurements and due date on the bottom.
He took a 4D picture to check a few things to make sure- the baby looks like something I won't say.. you could probably figure it out for yourself... If you don't know what you are looking at, the baby is the hangy down thing near the top left of the circle. I just thought I would include this for posterity sake. :)


17 comments:
Yay!!! Hooray!!! I was so excited to get up this morning to call you and hear about your appt. I am sooooooo happy! I love my little niece/nephew already!!
WOW!!! I am so happy for you Janelle!! I know how much you wanted this...SO SO SO happy!! :)
Oh, yeah the bottom ultrasound pic does indeed look like a weiner :)
Congratulations!!! How exciting all these big changes will be for you guys.
YAHOOOOOOO!!!!! Great news! I am so excited for you guys...now we totally need to live by each other again so the babies can be buddies!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
YAy!! I am so excited for you! Our Babies will be a month and a half apart! Fun! Congrats!
Congratulation....That good news and how exciting aye. You brought back memories of when I found out I was pregnant and that first ultrasound....I am so happy for you guys...
Yeah! 2010 will be a great year to have a baby! We are so excited for you both
Congratulations on leaving the "married WITHOUT kids" club ;-) YAY!!!
YEAH :) So happy for you guys!! Gotta say I was a little shocked b/c all the talk in your previous blogs about your house etc. made it sound like you weren't planning on having kids for a few more years, then to read that you've been working with a DR on getting preggers.... you'll have to fill me in on that whole story sometime! SO EXCITED FOR YOU :)
Jason and I are soo soo happy for you guys. That is awesome. Our little ones can play together. I am truly so happy for you guys. Only if you lived closer. We love you!
Congrats!! Loved hearing your story of the docs appt :) How exciting, now I will be waiting to hear if its a boy or girl!
Congrats to the both of you!! I love hearing about people that get pregnant after trying for awhile. It still gives me hope that it will be someday! I still need to find a good doctor here in Houston, maybe you can give me some suggestions!
so happy for you! shoot 8 weeks already down! girl u are flyin through it!
AHHHHH!!!!! I read this and started to cry with joy I am so HAPPY for you guys! Please keep me updated! I want to send you something for sweet baby! AWESOME!!!
that is so freakin exciting, i don't even know what to say! only that u r going to be the cutest little prego ever! ;) congrats i'm soooo happy for you!
congratulations! im so excited for you guys
Post a Comment