Saturday, February 14, 2009

Date to The Melting Pot!

Well Dustin and I decided to totally splurge and go out on a date to the Melting Pot on Valentines Day! We don't go out to eat or out on dates very often because Dustin is so busy with school, and w are both pretty frugal people, so the thought of spending money on food and then tipping someone just for bringing us our food doesn't appeal to us very often. Now, if the waiter were to sing in Italian and play the violin for us, then maybe an extra single would appear, but who has that pishposh in Houston? Well, we had a great time feeling absolutely spoiled for about 2 and a half hours in the Woodlands.

This was our first course- a cheese fondue. It had some pretty funky names of cheeses in it, but I couldn't remember the names if I needed to. It was absolutely the best cheese I have ever eaten in my life. We are big cheese eaters in our home...even though the cheese doesn't like us as much as we like it.


We had to take a ton of pictures because we were both totally giddy that we went out on a nice date.

They gave us green apples, veggies and really good bread to dip in the fondue. Aren't the table tops gorgeous? I think they were actually granite!


Watch out cheese, here I come!


Part of the package for going to the Melting Pot on VDay was wine with your meal, but since we don't do the drinking thing we asked for their sparkling grape juice- which they offered to those who weren't taking the wine. It was absolutley the BEST sparkling juice I have ever had- EVER. I have no idea what was in it- fruit juices that is!- but they put this little special flower in the bottom of the glass to make it look extra shnazzy. I sipped it super slow to have it throughout dinner.


This was our main course- we got the Lover's Feast, as I think it was called. It had shrimp, pork, chicken, filet mignon, ravioli, and some other really dark meat there on the end. It was all super delicious. We got to choose the broth that it cooked in; but I can't remember what it had in it but it was a bunch of spices and mushrooms and garlic. So good.


I forgot to take a pic of the beautiful dessert plate we got. It had cheesecake, brownie chunks, poundcake chunks, pretzel sticks, pirouette cookies and strawberries. The fondue was a snickers fondue with caramel, nuts, peanut butter and milk chocolate all mixed together. It was to die for. Dustin wanted to eat the rest of it with a spoon when we were finished! He took one bite and I told him to stop. :) This was after we were all finished and our waiter was ncie enough to take a picture of us. Actually part of the VDay package was to get your picture taken and they gave it to you in a Melting Pot frame. The picture was just taken with some old dude's digital camera and it came out totally light cuz he took it right by a window. Oh well. But we did get some coupons to go back and a jar of their seasoning ( which we had on our salads!), and a white chocolate fondue bar. We even bought the recipe book so we could cook some of the fondue and dips and broths at home. Everyone needs to go there!!!

2 comments:

mandy harline said...

Very cute! I've never eaten there...it'll be on the long list of places to eat when we move back home! Glad you had a fun love day!

Jen S said...

you and dustin are so cute. i love that you took pics of the occasion. it's something i would totally do and ryan would make fun of me. was dustin a good sport? looks like it!